Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
10 Thoughts on Tax Offer in Compromise
Beware of advertisements that claim to settle tax debts for "pennies on the dollar". Check the Offer In Compromise requirements to see if it is right for you.
1. If you are unable to pay a tax debt in full, if the taxpayer establishes to the satisfaction of the IRS that he either: hasno means of paying the tax, or does not actually owe the tax--and an installment agreement cannot be worked out--the IRSstrives to resolve the taxpayer's tax debt.
2. Under certain circumstances, you may be able to take advantage of the offer in compromise (OIC), but there arehurdles to overcome before the Internal Revenue Service accepts less than full payment. To date, taxpayers who have gonethrough the Offer in Compromise program to settle their tax bill have saved millions of dollars.
3. An OIC delinquent tax settlement is an agreement taxes owed for less than the full amount of taxes due. It's a complexdecision and a tax attorney is needed for his extensive expertise in planning, preparing, negotiating and even appealingrejections.
4. IRS Code Sec. 7122 gives the IRS power authority to settle--compromise--federal tax liabilities. Exceptional circumstancessometimes exist that allow the IRS to consider an OIC program for the taxpayer. For example, a taxpayer must demonstrate thatcollection of the tax would create an economic hardship or would be unfair and inequitable.
5. Very few offers were accepted in the past, because the standards were almost impossible to meet before a tax debt waslegally compromised. Recent tax legislation has given new hope to taxpayers who were previously disqualified.
6. In the past the IRS really did not want to encourage OIC's. Prior to 1992 the IRS has been reluctant to settle taxliabilities, but with mounting uncollected taxes, the IRS has decided to go easy on the growing number of cases it sees.
7. Today, the OIC program is one of the best tax resolution tools available to taxpayers. The IRS will accept an OIC whenit looks unlikely that the taxes will be collected; but before that happens a good tax person must know and carefully navigatevirtually every key regulation involved.
8. After all taxpayer avenues are explored and different available payment options are reviewed, the IRS makes a"business" decision: they want to collect a partial payment rather than nothing at all. The IRS is thinking, "Is there isdoubt that the taxpayer will ever pay the full amount of tax owed?"
9. An OIC amount "offered" by the IRS is the amount that they feel that they can reasonably expect to collect after reviewing--and exhausting--the taxpayer's ability to pay. The IRS weighs the doubt as to liability and doubt as to whether the taxassessed is correct.
10. Beware of advertisements they claim to settle tax debts for "pennies on the dollar", allowing taxpayers to settle theirtaxes for less, or often much less than you owe (or what the government claims you owe). The IRS resolves less than onepercent of all balance due accounts through an OIC agreement.
Taxes - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Corporations Failing To Claim AMT Exemption Overpay Taxes By $11,000
Does your incorporated business pay alternative minimum tax ["AMT]? If so, there is a 93% chance you have been overpaying your taxes by an average of $11,000 a year according to the Treasury Inspector General.The Office of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration was created in 1999 to oversee the IRS.
Tax Tips to Save Money on Taxes - Get the Corporate Kick and Save Loads of Money
Why a Corporation Helps Save You TaxesThe Tax Rates (Notice anything unusual?):The following tables provide a list of the tax rates for individuals and corporations:Personal: $0-$24,650 15% $24,651-$59,750 28% $59, 750-$124,650 31% $124,651-$271,050 36% $271,050+ 39.6%Tax SecretsCorporate: 0-$50,000 15% $50,001-$75,000 25% $75,001-100,000 34% $100,001-$335,000 39% $335-000-$10M 34%If you examine them closely, you will see at least one glaring contrast.
How to Cut Duty Cost and Increase Profit as an Importer
Import duties continue to be significant elements in the cost of international trade. Yet many companies and businesses still pay more duties than the law requires - which impacts adversely on landed cost and ultimately on business profitability.
Render Unto Caesar
Once a year Canadian taxpayers are required, by law, to file an income tax return in the prescribed form: $150(1).For individuals: $150(1)(d) ITA, they must do so by April 30 of the following year, provided that they owe any taxes or if they are served with a requirement to file: $150(2) ITA.
The Seven Deadly Tax Sins: Commonly Missed Deductions
It's that time again, the April 15 tax deadline is looming large. If youre like most people, you havent gathered all of your tax records, let alone filled your return.
Paying Workers - What Can You Write-Off?
As your business grows, you are going to need help. This help comes in the form of employees and independent contractors.
The Implications of Income Tax Charge on Estate Planning
OverviewIn the Pre-Budget Report of December 2003 the Chancellor Gordon Brown announced proposals to levy an Income Tax charge from 6th April 2005 in those circumstances where the transferor of an asset retains and interest or continues to benefit from that asset. In the instance of real property, the 'benefit' envisaged is the transferor continuing to reside in the property he/she has allegedly given away.
Some Folks Pay A Lot Less Tax Than Others On Very Same Income-Did You Pay Too Much Tax In 2004?
Someone once remarked, "Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is quite so satisfying as an income tax refund." There's no question that saving money in taxes is high on everybody's list of financial priorities, especially small-business owners.
Tax Trap #5 -- Ignoring The IRS (and the 5 best ways to contact them!)
We all love to criticize the IRS, don't we? And I'mjust as guilty as anyone. It's easy to ridicule a hugeorganization of government bureaucrats who often seemto be Public Enemy #1.
The Annual Gift Tax Exclusion: Getting The Edge
Whether helping the kids with a down payment on their first home, paying the premiums on a life insurance policy in an irrevocable trust, or moving appreciated assets to a younger generation, annual gifting will touch the lives of millions of Americans. But before the transfer is made, an investor should spend some time looking at the investment and the tax ramifications of the property to be passed.
Getting A Second Extension to File 2004 Taxes
Millions of people file tax return extensions every year. The tax filing deadlines can rush up on your quickly.
Small Business Tax Deduction - Write-Off Bad Debts
Practically every small business has receivables that it cannot obtain from clients. If your small business doesn't have any such receivables, consider yourself lucky.
Navigating The Internet Sales Tax Laws
QUESTION: I have been contacted by my local city government to say that my business is scheduled to be audited to determine if I owe any sales tax from items purchased on the Internet. Can they really make me pay this tax? I thought you could buy things online tax free? -- Katie R.
Gambling Income and Expenses - Tax Requirements
Hit a big one? With more and more gambling establishments, keep in mind the IRS requires people to report all gambling winnings as income on their tax return.Gambling income includes, but is not limited to, winnings from lotteries, raffles, horse and dog races and casinos.
Organizing Your Taxes
Does this scene sound familiar? It's April 7. You haven't seen the top of your dining room table in two weeks because of the piles of paid bills, receipts, canceled checks, and unidentified cash register receipts covering it.
Take Control of Your Taxes
As everyone in the U.S.
How to Donate Your Car to Charity and Get Tax Deduction
Donating your used car to charity is a win-win situation; the charity gets your gift and you get tax deduction. Below are some simple steps to make a car donation.
Business Tax Deductions
As we enter mid-March, taxpayers begin to become very interested in deductions. Following are a few that you may be entitled to claim.
Deducting Points On Home Refinances
Deduction of Refinance PointsAny points that you pay in the refinancing of your residence are tax deductible over the length of the loan in question. The deduction is allowable only if the residence is your primary home and the new mortgage replaces a previous one and/or is used to improve the residence.
Home Business Tax Tips
If you have recently started an Internet or home business, your probably a little intimidated by having to submit a tax return and the possibilities of being audited. Simply follow these guidelines and rest assured that filing your next tax return will go smoothly.
PrimeNews Domain Is For Sale - $5,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.PrimeNews.biz - 2012